Friday, February 12, 2016

How I Used Some of the Photos Listed in My Etsy Shop


Happy Friday! I hope that you are doing well.

I have listed a few more images (shown below) as digital downloads in my Etsy shop, but I thought I would also show you a few photos of how I had used the same photos in the past. Perhaps a little fuel for your imagination (not that any of you need MY help!).

These two beautiful babies in their prams
are some of my favorites...


If you've followed this blog for awhile, you may remember 
that I had an article about a book that I created
published in the Winter, 2015
issue of Sew Somerset magazine
entitled "Babies, Buggies and Black Velvet"
(If you want to read my post about that,
you can find it here.)

Here is how I used these photos
 in two of the pages of that book...



In the following images,
I love the chubby little baby on the horse,
and the dresses that the moms are both wearing.
I think that these are some of my most beautiful
old photos...


 And here is how I used them...



I have not used the two below in any 
artwork yet, 
but I couldn't resist the expression on
the flapper's face,
or the two ladies sitting on the moon...


I hope that you will find these photos inspiring.
Thanks for coming by!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Sue, they are surely all inspirational and so beautiful. I love your old photoes used, they are all special, and you gave them, lovely "homes" to be in !! Sweet with the sewed heart !!
    Hug,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorthe! I'm always so happy when you visit me! XO

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work Sue!! LOve what you did for the book! All of your pages are So Vintage Lovely and very authentique looking. Great details. I really like the lg heart you stitched on the one page; it accents so beautifully~
    I read several of Stampington's mags; did not know you had been published!?! What a blessing friend~ And the flapper has quite a 'saucy' look on her face! : ) LOL Have a great week dear Sue~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Many thanks for your beautiful comments, especially valued since I know that you have so little blogging time. Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!