Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My First Sympathy Card

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I have made cards for many occasions, but quite honestly, I have always refrained from making a sympathy card. I would just go out and buy one, because I always worried that anything that I made would be too romantic, meaningless, depressing or trite.

So in my endeavor to start making cards that would have a wide range of appeal for various life situations, I purchased a few vintage angel postcards, and this one with the doves. As life would have it, sadly, there was a death in my husband's family this week. I decided to try my hand at a sympathy card, so here goes.

I thought this image is beautiful.
The girl standing with her mom is Grete Reinwald,
who was the famous German child model
and whom I have written about before.
I loved the doves in this image...


I cut out the flower and leaves from a piece of beautiful scrapbook paper
by K and Company and mounted it on top of the lace and velvet trim
using pop dots.
I then added a button to the center of the flower...


Also from K and Company was this butterfly,
also added with pop dots...


...and the two inside which I just glued down along their centers,
after folding the wings up a little.
One of my favorite Bible quotes,
printed from my computer in an Edwardian script,
was added...



Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. Sue , it is so very lovely , the torn paper, and the beautiful flower,- together with the sweet images, all gives a feeling of shabby ,romantic beauty.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorthe. As always, I am honored by your comments. Have a great weekend! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!