Sunday, October 21, 2012

First-time fun on eBay!

Good morning friends. It has been a little while since my last post, but I have been doing some things around the house and time just got away from me. I am in the process of having a blog designer give this blog a face lift, and am anxious to see what it will look like, so I have been reluctant to add too much to it right now. She has sent me some samples and they look great...they are so, well, me! When I started this blog, I didn't know how involved I would be able to get with it, so I set up the basic blog myself just to get it rolling. I am ready to now put the time into it, and can't wait to have the design that sets the tone for the blog.

I had my first encounter with eBay last week, and let me tell you, I am impressed! I decided to try it with an inexpensive tidbit for future artwork, and so I searched for frozen Charlotte dolls. They are usually rather expensive when you see them in shops, if you see them at all. So...I set myself up on eBay, read some of their "help" tips, and won on my "top bid" of $10.00. I received them almost immediately, and in perfect condition. Pictured below are those three babies on some vintage lace hankies and a lace doily that I purchased at Vintage Village (for practically nothing), where I also bought the branch with the nest, old plate, and shabby picture frame shown in the second picture. I am thinking of incorporating the little dolls into some jewelry, but time will tell. Do you ever feel like you have more ideas than time?

I love these beiges, browns, blacks and taupes.




I hope that you are having a great Sunday.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!