Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fabric Collages: Remembering Childhood and Family Faces

Hello dear friends! I have created two more fabric collage pieces. My creative spurt is running rampant. I wonder how long this trend will last! Ha!

"What we Remember from our Childhood"

You may remember this lovely old photo from my
having used it my art book that was published in 
"Sew Somerset" last winter.
My post about it can be seen here.
I absolutely adore this little girl and her dog,
so I just had to use it again... 


This one was done in all neutrals,
and, of course, old lace and mother of pearl buttons...



...with a beautiful quote that rests on
a thick piece of vintage brown velvet...


***********************************

"Family Faces are Magic Mirrors"

You may also remember my post, seen here,
about the beautiful girls in this photo,
so I knew I just had to use it again...


Lately I have been enjoying playing with color,
but, of course, I will always love my neutrals...




The two pieces are both sewn onto linen burlap, 
and are now for sale in my Etsy shop.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!