Thursday, April 7, 2016

Just think...



At the end of 2015 I purchased an inexpensive 2016 calendar. The company that printed it is "DaySpring", and the tag line under the company name is "Your heart. God's love". The cardboard that supported the calendar was not just a plain piece of cardboard; on it was printed the most beautiful sentiment which was credited to Roy Lessin, the DaySpring co-founder. This has been sitting on my desk ever since, and I read these words of inspiration every time at sit down to post to this blog. Here I would like to share it with you.

"Just think,
you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you 
and made you 
the person you are.
He compares you to no one else--
you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation."

Underneath this sentiment was also printed the following,
a verse which we have all seen before
and one of my personal favorites:

To every thing there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
ECCLESIASTES 3:1

***********************************************************

I thought I'd share the photo of the baby in the pram.
I haven't shared a photo with friends in a while,
and wanted you to have this beauty.
Right click and save to your computer.
 
I wonder what God's purpose was for her?
For me?
For any of us?

I guess that time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful old photo and beautiful words, sweetie, thank you for sharing both with us! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sue~ I saw your post just as I was leaving work on Thursday and no time to leave a comment; (and no internet @ home:( - so I'm just now visiting. I LoVe the photo of the baby in the pram!! Thank you for your generosity Sue! I will save it for something special : )
    I wanted to tell you something; I too bought a calendar a few years ago and found the same sentiment printed ont it! It was around Fathers day, 2014 - so I made Alan a framed little plaque for the occation. Little did I know I would loose him just a few months later:(
    When you mentioned the 'saying', I thought maybe I could share it @ Wen's link up tomorrow - since it does fit the neutral criteria~ Blessings to you! Karen
    I was thinking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Karen! I am anxious to see the plaque. It will make a wonderful addition to Wen's link. How timely that you created the plaque when you did. Blessings back!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!