Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A sweet little art tutorial: Spring Beauties...

Hello everyone! We are hunkering down in anticipation of the winter storm that we are supposed to get tomorrow. I hope that if you are in one of the areas that expects the same bad weather you stay safe and warm.

We are still moving along on our master bathroom update. Hubby finished most of the floor tile work yesterday, and is out right now getting the grout so that he can finish up the flooring while we are stuck in the house. Working around Old Man Winter is getting to be a pain in the neck, but he did manage to get the bead board finished, and I have completed the painting. We are still waiting for the lighting fixture to come in, so will be at a standstill until it does.

While breaking from the bathroom work, I did finish the little art book that I mentioned in one of my recent posts. I don't often work from other people's tutorials, but I fell in love with this one and it helped nudge me towards spring and provided me with the ambition to complete some other unfinished art projects of my own. Plus, I didn't have to "think" too much about this little book, and could focus on the bathroom work.

Following are some photos of the finished book, which is called "Spring Beauties Art Journal", a tutorial purchased from Cerri Campbell at The Little Pink Studio. She is an amazing artist and has a wonderful blog. If you get a chance, please visit her, as she is recuperating from surgery and would probably love to hear from you. You may purchase the tutorial here. And here is a link to her blog. I couldn't resist using some of her images, but added some of my own, along with some embellishments that were crying out to be used!

Sorry for the quality of the photos. 
Bad lighting today due to the snow clouds
forming.

This is the cover...



I liked Cerri's idea of folding some
of the pages lengthwise,
and some width-wise...






And the back cover.
I could not resist using my photo of the
little baby posed in the bird's nest...


Thanks for whispering this breath of spring,
Cerri!
           
Now I should think about getting on with completing the 50 or so pieces of fabric collage that I have started and never finished ;~)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love, love your version of the journal. It really turned out beautifully.
    Thank you so much for sharing. You know, it's funny I was feeling a little down today, and then your sweet message posted to my blog, and cheered me. Thank you for that as well. :)
    Cerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by! I'm so glad my message cheered you! Have a great evening. XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!