Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Signs of Spring: Tulips and Daffodils

Good morning friends! 

In spite of the fact that we still are getting a few cool days, there is a lot blooming around here and you can tell it is spring, even though it got off to a late start.

In the fall we planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs in front of Birdsong Cottage, and since there were more bulbs in the bags than would fit in the area that I was planting them in, I brought the rest home and planted them in pots at this house. (Our soil is not very good here, and between that and the moles and voles, tulip bulbs never seem to survive the winter. I have found out that starting them in pots and then transplanting them later seems to be the answer. Daffodils seem to do a lot better.)

Here they are sitting on the steps to our front porch.

Professor Einstein Daffodils...


Bright Parrot Tulips...


...and a closeup.
Isn't she beautiful?...


And here's how they look together.
I planted them together at Birdsong,
and can only hope that they bloom at
the same time up there!


We will find out tomorrow when we go up there to 
open the place for the summer!

You may not hear from me until I get back. 
In the meantime, enjoy the weather.
I hope that yours is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!