Sunday, June 18, 2017

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...

Happy Sunday friends~

Have you ever had one of those days where you don't know what to do with yourself? Well, today is one of those days for me. This morning I hosed out and chloroxed our outdoor trash can, if that tells you anything. Beyond that, I don't know where I am headed for the rest of the day. So I will do a blog post! Lucky you. Ha!

Yesterday I had a burst of energy and started thoroughly cleaning our upstairs guest bedroom. It is a neglected room since no one ever sees it except me on my way to my studio. While I was at it, I redecorated. it.  For no real reason except that I was sick of looking at it and wanted to spruce it up. And it didn't cost me a dime since I "shopped" stuff that I already had. It's not done yet, so perhaps I will post about it in the future.

I am simultaneously cleaning up my studio. I have not been especially creative, likely because it is so messy up there. I think I will finish the few cards for which I have already pulled out all the materials, and then put my card-making on hold for a while. Once organized, I will decide which direction I will move towards. I still want to create some art and junk journals.

Yesterday I completed this card, which I am keeping to give someone special.

I adore the young girl in this photo and the way
that her shadow was captured by the photographer.
Judging by her hair style, I assume it was taken during the 1930s.
I purchased the photo on Etsy...


Paper flowers by Prima attached with a brad,
vintage velvet trim, old vintage lace,
adhesive embellishments from K and Company,
and Martha Stewart glitter
were added to the beautiful
papers downloaded from Origins Digital Curio
on Etsy.
The "fly" letters were from iralamijashop,
also on Etsy...


The inside features a beautiful old quote stamp from Stampland,
with lovely words by Eleanor Roosevelt...


Next for me is a boy card.
In case you might not be able to tell,
masculine cards are not really my thing!!

I hope you are having a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sue, it is such a beautiful card , I love all the old things you used, the background paper, and sweet photo. And so energetic you have been , both starting to redecorate your guest room, and also tidying up the studio--I know all about studios needing to be tidied up, lol. Dorthe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorthe. I think it's more about need than energy. I can't seem to find a thing! Hugs.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!