Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A visit to Stonewall Kitchen

Hello friends. I hope that you are having a good week!

A couple of days ago my husband was yet again a willing victim of one of my kitchen creations. Each July we drive up to New England to visit family, and we usually take a few side trips to new places and revisit some others that we love. On this year's list was a visit to Stonewall Kitchen in York, Maine. If you ever visit specialty shops, you may have already seen their label. All of their food products are delicious. The store at this location also processes their food and has a cooking school where I would love (!!) to take a class. They also sell some great stuff for your kitchen. So-o-o, needless to say, while we were up there I bought a bunch of specialty items, and used one of the products in one of their recipes, which came out delicious. It was the Stuffed Chicken Breasts using their Fig Raisin Chutney. You could probably use any chutney that you have on hand, but I am a lover of anything "fig". If you would like to try it, the recipe can be found at the Stonewall website, which is: stonewallkitchen.com. You can search recipes by the product used, in this case Fig Raisin Chutney.  (Sorry, I tried for the first time to work linking magic on blogger, to no avail, and finally gave up. Will keep working on it!)

I deviated from the recipe slightly by securing the rolls with toothpicks, and not cutting the chicken rolls into pinwheels before serving, as they did not slice very well. I used the goat cheese, but next time I think I'll try it with Brie. I considered the possibility of sometime making these very small and serving them as snack food at a gathering, as I prepared mine a few hours before actually cooking them, leaving them in the fridge on a plate covered with foil. Oh, and I did finish them off in the oven as I am rather paranoid about eating chicken that has not been fully cooked. Before putting them in the oven, I added a sprinkle of white wine to the pan. Not uncommon for me to do that!!



The Product

I can't resist a beautiful garden, so below are some pictures taken during our visit to Stonewall:




 I hope you enjoyed the tour. Eat well and stay well!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!