Sunday, September 2, 2012

Linguine Salad to Share with Friends

Greetings from The Perch. I hope you are enjoying your long weekend as I am.

Yesterday our neighbors had a get-together and we all brought a dish to share, so I made one of my old favorites, Linguine Salad. It is a snap to make, pretty to look at, and most people really enjoy it. The recipe was given to me by a gal who worked with me in Florida many years ago, but sadly, she has since passed away. I still have the copy of her handwritten recipe, which makes this dish all the more special.

Here is the recipe if you would like to make it. Enjoy!

Linguine Salad

1 lb Linguine, cooked, rinsed and drained
One large tomato (or 3-4 plum tomatoes), chopped fine
One cucumber, chopped fine
One onion, chopped fine
½ jar McCormick’s Salad Supreme Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
6-7 oz. of Kraft Balsamic Tomato Basil "Anything" Dressing (Note: Use regular dressing, as the salad will be too dry if you use the low calorie versions.)



Mix the chopped ingredients together, adding the salt, pepper
 and Salad Supreme Seasoning.

 Add the cooked pasta and salad dressing, and stir well. Chill. Top with basil leaves just prior to serving.

I hope your weekend is being spent with family, friends, and good food!!

Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!