Friday, August 1, 2014

Birdhouses in the garden...

Good morning to you! I can't believe that it's August already, can you?

The other morning I shot these photos of some of the birdhouses that we have, and thought I'd share them with you. Considering the name of this blog, how fitting!!

This is the one that we bought at the Garden
Jubilee in Hendersonville, NC earlier this 
summer. 
I think that I shared it with you in an
earlier post.
This craftsman uses all vintage items to 
create his masterpieces.
Hubby made a platform for it and it now sits
on the old TV satellite post that has been
rooted in the ground since we had the
satellite moved to the roof of the house...


...I particularly love the little white cast iron 
bird on the back of it...


I bought this one many years ago to use as an
indoor decoration.
It has been sitting happily in our garden
for about four years now...


This is one that I bought in Ocala, FL 
a couple of years ago.
It sits in our front yard where we can see it
from our porch.
Birds have nested in it since last year,
and we love to hear their chirping.
Up until last week we were watching 
Momma Bird flying in and out of it 
to find food and feed her babies,
but I think that they are gone now...


I hope that you have a sweet day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!