Sunday, August 24, 2014

Time spent at Birdsong Cottage, Part 3: Dancing on Main...

Good morning! I hope that you're having a great weekend.

On the last Friday night that we were in the mountains, we went downtown Hendersonville (NC) to walk around a bit and to have dinner. We ate at a restaurant called The Square Root, and the food was delicious.

Afterwards, we went to the last "Music on Main" of the season. Each Friday night during the summer, they close down Main Street to traffic, bring in a band, and everyone brings their chairs to sit down and listen to the music, which is set up down by the Welcome Center. That night they also had a classic car show, so we looked at the cars while the music was playing. Below are some of the photos.

Some very cool old automobiles...



This one is similar to one that my dad bought new when I was a kid.
I guess I don't have to tell you what era I grew up in!...


I want this one! 
I can see me cruising in this sweet powder blue cream puff, 
with plenty of room for my antiques in the back...




Here are the people dancing up front close to the stage...



...and here is an idea of how many people attend this function
each week...



May your day be filled with classics and music!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!