Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Mixed Media Collage: "At the Fair"

Good morning!

I am still working on some collage pieces, and couldn't resist using this image on one. I love this vernacular photo of the two couples munching down on watermelon, so I assembled some things that I thought would enhance this image.

"At the Fair"

I could picture these couples back in the thirties
going to the county fair,
and eating too much watermelon...


I wanted to let the image speak for itself,
so I used minimal color on it, 
but had fun playing with the background painting...


I found the ferris wheel image on Pinterest...


...and in my stash I have an old ledger book
that must have belonged to a doctor.
In it I found this note written by someone
whom I assume
was an employer asking the doctor to treat 
Frank Moran for a nail in his foot.
I covered over the nail part with this great
Basic Grey paper scrap and some vintage rick rack,
leaving the date showing.
I thought the date suited the photo,
and imagined that maybe one of these guys
got a stomach ache after eating all of
the watermelon...


Another fun piece!

I am still really having fun with the tutorial from 
Heather Murray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!