Sunday, July 19, 2015

Red Zinnias and Limelight Hydrangeas


Hello and happy Sunday. We had been busy up in the mountains undertaking some large projects (more of that in a future post), so I'm afraid that I haven't had much time for this blog. I just thought I'd stop by and let you know that I am still here!

Last fall my neighbor (thanks Pam!), who is as avid a gardener as I, harvested a bunch of zinnia seeds and gave me some, which I saved in a drawer in the garage. Since I have never had much luck with seeds in this area, I threw them into the window boxes that we have hanging off of the railings on the back deck while I was also planting some verbena. The other night I looked out the back door just as the sun was starting to go down, and this is what I saw.

A flash of red that was almost fluorescent...


...growing happily with the red annual verbena
 in the same box...


...along with a limelight hydrangea bloom
hanging in front of the box over the railing...


I just love this entire mix-up of loveliness!...


Sometimes, when you least expect it, 
beauty just hits you in the face!

I hope you are all well and having a beautiful summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!