Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ballerinas: A lovely edited photo...

Greetings from The Perch!

As promised, below is another one of the photos that I edited using those iPhone/iPad photo editing apps. This one was a charming 8 by 10 photos of a group of ballerinas from the 20's. I wanted to be able to scan photos for you when I am away from my computer, so I found a great free scanning app called Pic Scanner. It's pretty easy to use. You just access the app, hold your iPhone over the photo and parallel to it, and "take" a picture (of your photo). It does the focusing for you, but it takes a little practice to get used to it. I share this information with you not because I am good at this stuff, but because I am not, and if you're anything like me, this shows you that anyone can do it. (It will never be a replacement, though, for being able to experience the actual feel of old photos, lace and buttons.)

Now I know what it feels like to be a spy, running around scanning all kinds of secret documents. Wow! The closest I'll ever get!

For this one, I used PicsPlayPro to apply the text and some effects to the photo after I scanned it, and then I jumped over to Snapseed (see my post of yesterday) to access one of their frames. I love this one because it almost makes the photo look like an old tintype.

Speaking of tintypes, I have one to share with you on my next post.

By the way, we're headed up to Birdsong today to work on finishing some details of that lovely little haven. Hopefully I can post some photos. When I post from the iPhone the text will be minimal, since I hate typing on that shrimpy little keyboard!

Maybe we'll see better fall color in the mountains than we are seeing here. Have a wonderful day.

Sue


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the user tip on how to scan using an iphone...looks like it did a great job of this photo! Have a good time at Birdsong...maybe there will be plenty of fall colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We did a little driving around today. There is decent fall color, but not as much as usual due to the rainy summer. But still more color than where we actually live. I will hopefully be able to post photos soon.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!