Sunday, March 24, 2013

Books I love...

I love books! OK, I said it. I'll say it again. I love books!! I love to go to the bookstore. I love to peruse the offerings Amazon. I love looking at old books in junk stores and on EBay hoping that I can find one that will give me inspiration for some art. I even love the smell of a new book and the way it feels when you open it for the first time. (No Kindle for this gal!) I love mystery books by my favorite authors, I love books about the history of the United States, particularly those of the Civil War era. I love gardening books. I love home decorating books. But mostly, I think I love inspiring books about mixed media art.

Over the years I have amassed a collection of books in the latter category, and every now and then I flip through one that I haven't looked at in a while. I looked at a couple last week, and decided that I would share some of the titles with you. In case you haven't already noticed, I have added a new area to my sidebar called "Books I Own and Recommend". I will be adding to this category every now and then, and I will link the titles with the location at Amazon where you can purchase the book. NOTE: I do not currently have any type of referral arrangement with Amazon, and am just doing this for your convenience. You can also often find used books such as these on eBay, and perhaps on other websites.

Below I am showing you scans from the two books you see on my sidebar.

This book, by Maryjo and Sunny Koch, is a
must-have book if you love collage and
assemblage using antique photos and
ephemera. This is a scan of the cover...


...and this is a scan of one of the pages...



...along with a scan of a beautiful
assemblage...


The following is a book by L. K. Ludwig,
and who can resist anything that she creates?



Below is a page showing how to print on
black paper with bleach...



...and here is a scan of one that I did myself.



I hope you enjoyed this. If you think that this is worthwhile, please drop me a comment and let me know.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!