Thursday, February 4, 2016

Neutral Odds and Ends

Good morning!

Yesterday I went to my favorite antique place, Vintage Village in Raleigh, NC, to pick up my order of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (Farmhouse White, which I wrote about in a recent post), and browsed around with phone in hand taking some photos. It is amazing how many neutral items you can find at these places. And the best part? They are set up in the most wonderful vignettes, so I don't have to do any staging! You have to love it.

Handles and knobs...


Curio cabinets...


Baskets and picket fence pieces...


Old painted frames...


A chippy paint door actually used on this shop...


And, of course, a close-up of its old
knob...


Not to mention,
the biggest bread bowl I have ever seen,
with a bowl of fruit...


And who could not take a photo of this sign,
with beautiful old stuff around it...


In my next post I'll provide the rest 
of the photos that I took there,
but for today, 
I am linking to 
Wen's Simply Neutrals Tuesday Party.
Why don't you pop over there and say hello
to some of my other friends!
You can find Wen's blog here.

Have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful place to browse and admire, dear Sue. I love all I see here, I think we are both born with "old soul `s" loving almost every bit of tarnished piece we meet on our way,lol.
    Hug ,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed kindred spirits, Dorthe! Old is good!! Hugs back!

      Delete
  2. *sigh* *sigh* Oooo Sue I love to see your junque' shopping posts! : ) Thanks so much for sharing. (I want that door...) Was so perfect for Wen's Party! Have a great week-end friend~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you that door tomorrow! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Hello Sue, you are so lucky having so much old 'junque' shops in your country. I love that chippy paint. Send me a door tomorrow too, please!!!
    Hugs,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!