Wednesday, July 5, 2017

A "crafty" shopping spree...

Hello there!

One day last week I did something that I have not done in quite some time, namely, I went on a crafty shopping spree. Michael's and Hobby Lobby loved me.

Below are my purchases, all with the hope of using them in junk journals.

Kraft envelopes, Tim Holtz doo-dads,
and two sweet rubber stamps.
I don't buy many stamps anymore...


More doo-dads, and some washi tape,
little of which I have used in the past...


At some point I want to make a ballerina-
inspired junk journal,
so I loved these...


These stick-on word pads are great,
and you get a lot of bang for the buck on them.
And two distress ink pads in colors that 
I never had.
Sometimes they are hard to find
around here...


More cool embellishments,
which were buy one, get one...


And these two.
How could I resist the birds?...


I bought one of these Jim H
paper packs before and fell in love with it,
so bought another.
Beautiful botanicals in this pack.
I thought it was discontinued.
Also the little cutout "people"
which will be lovely in journals, cards,
or anything else for that matter...


I thought this stamp pack
would be awesome for journaling...


Some paper fall leaves,
and mini wooden clothespins in
neutral colors...


Recently, on Caterina Giglio's blog
(see my sidebar) she had a sweet video
tutorial for something she did with
photos of flowers.
I think I will try it. 
Thanks Cat!
She uses Mixed Media paper,
which I have not tried before...


The chipboard word cutouts below were to die for.
I will likely never have a machine that does this,
so these ought to hold me for awhile...


And these two kraft chipboard books
were so pretty to me.
They were cheaper than it would cost me
to make them...


And though I don't buy too much Halloween
stuff because it is too "cute",
I loved this stamp and these embellishments.
Maybe my next journal will be a 
Halloween one.
I can only dream!


Most of this stuff, if not all,
was on sale, so it was not that big of an investment.
Now I just need to find an organized place to put it.
Right.

*************************************

OK. Another post about basically nothing!
Thanks so much for coming by. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, and wow again, dear Sue, I never had the chance to buy such a fantastic stash of wonderful things, on sale, you are a very lucky lady, I simply love it all , -wishing you many happy hours creating.( We don`t have Michaels, and Hobby Lobby here :-(( )
    Hugs from Dorthe, XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!