Saturday, July 8, 2017

Yesterday's creations for my junk journal...

Happy Saturday, friends!

Yesterday I created a few more pages for my junk journal, including some pages that were mostly left blank, except for just a few bits and pieces of "junk".

I think that this is one of my favorite pages.
I love the photo of the two sweet girls on 
their trike.
Kraft paper is collaged with a piece of
 a vintage hanky, lace, and sheet music. 
To the top I added a flower that I had 
(While the flowers were still looking good,
I cut some and pressed them layered
between paper towels and wax paper 
placed between some pages of old
and heavy books.
I found them when I was cleaning
my studio recently!!)...


I then layered an old piece of mica 
on top of the blossom and fastened it
with some brads.
This was so much fun to do...


The bottom corner was embellished
with a small piece of coffee-stained
lace, a button and some thin twine...


On the back of the page above is a kraft
envelope bought on my shopping trip 
two weeks ago. 
I folded it in half and embellished it 
with some burlap, 
a piece of tissue paper that I received
with an order,
and tulle roses...


...and the inside was decorated with another darling photo...


...and other random pieces of "junk", including
grey tissue paper, a copy of an old envelope,
and satin ribbon. 
I even got to use a rubber stamp 
("lots of hugs") that I haven't used
in a very long time...


This is another set of pages.
I am now getting into the pages to be left fairly blank.
Of course, I can't resist just a little embellishing!... 


This cute little girl in the straw had was a 
postcard. I picked up on the stitching
that showed up from the page behind it
and added the same stitching 
to the photo itself...


...with matching bits and pieces on the
blank page...


And below is another set of matching writing pages...


The little birdie on the music paper is actually
something that holds crinkled seam binding
together from one of my favorite shops
on Etsy, Bluebird Lane.
I also capitalized on the stitching that showed
through from the previous page...


I didn't previously realize that a long time ago
I bought the same punch that the shop owner
uses, so I made a coordinating page using
this punch...


Thanks for coming by.
It has been too hot here to garden,
so I have been having so much fun creating these pages.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love your junk journal (though the name does not apply to this beauty). I have one I am working on too, my first. Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to say hi.
    hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful cards, Sue, I love them- and how you also add beauty to the inside card. The add of sweet birds, give a wonderful extra touch of something so very special. Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!