Saturday, July 1, 2017

Having fun with coffee staining...

Happy Saturday and I'm hoping that yours is a nice holiday weekend. We did not have any plans, and The Mister is not feeling well, so I am having a stay indoors party working on some crafting and getting ready for my foray into junk-journaling. It's pretty hot outside so this is not a bad thing.

During this past week I saved unused coffee for a few days and experimented with more coffee staining. I used the process that I talked about here.

Here is a mix of stuff that I stained...


It includes tags...


...and more tags...


...envelopes...


...other odds and ends...


...tickets and glassine bags...


...various notebook papers...


...and even some scrapbook papers...


These were in various strengths of coffee...


...and this one I experimented with painting
on the coffee through a leaf stencil...

 

The above papers were printer paper,
but the ones below were different colors of 
thicker card stock.
The pink in front picked up some of the
green that I had set behind it.
Interesting effect I think...


And today, I cut some in half,
and dry-brushed on some cheap white
paint...


While I had the paint out,
I ripped up some corrugated cardboard
and dry-brushed some of the paint on it...


And I coffee stained some lace and a doily.
These were not old and too white for my taste.
They came out pretty nice...


It felt good to play for the sole enjoyment of 
having fun, and not worry about what I was actually 
going to create with it.

Have you played with anything lately that you will use in your art?

Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!