Monday, July 3, 2017

Pages for my Junk Journal

Hello! Yesterday I worked on a couple of pages for a new junk journal that I started (and no, I have not completed my nature journal yet!). I am really enjoying using some of my stash that has been accumulated over the past several years. After a long time spent deliberating over whether or not to work with vintage textiles (which I love) or with vintage ephemera (which I also love), I really found a home for both together in this thing known as "junk" journals.

This was from a large set of old Bingo cards
that I have had a while. 
The beautiful image is from 
Ireland Rose Studios on Etsy.
Also used from my vintage stash was
an old flower, rusty safety pin, 
and ledger paper...


The little "bless" word was from a digital 
printout from Iralamijashop, also on Etsy...


And this will be the facing page which
I embellished with random scraps of paper 
and fabrics,
and some machine sewing around the edge...


I'm getting ready to move on to the next set of pages.
I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful,dear Sue.All elements work together.
    Love it.
    Hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very beautiful, Sue -and love your little girl, I love it.
    Hugs ,Dorthe
    Oh also love all your coffee stained papers and laces, I love doing it too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorthe. There is something so relaxing about coffee staining, and it certainly beats dumping leftover coffee down the drain! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!