Thursday, July 6, 2017

Copies of vintage papers in new junk journal pages...

Hello to all! 

Last week, when I didn't have much to do, I copied some old documents to use in my junk journals. It would be nice to say that I was going to use originals of everything, but since the vintage papers of the world will not last forever, and some are a little pricey, using originals would be cost prohibitive. And who am I to destroy something that has "lived" for the last 100 years or so.

I managed to fit two to a page for most of 
the smaller pieces.
I did not use coffee-stained paper because
the originals already had a lovely aged
patina, 
so I just printed them out
in color as is on ivory resume paper.
That way, the backs, which could be used
for journaling,
are not too stark of a white...




The next one was a very faint script,
so I had my printer darken it a little first...


You may remember this beautiful cradle
roll certificate (top), which I think
I shared with you a while back...


Some of the originals were folded up,
and I did the same with the copies and 
already used one as a journaling spot on 
one of the journal pages I created yesterday.
Here are the pages.

*********************************

The page below was just torn from an
old book that I had for years.
It had some of the cutest illustrations.
I embellished it with old lace,
and a piece cut from a cutter quilt
fastened with an old button.
This is the back of the Bingo page that
I showed you a couple of days ago...




Facing the above page is this pocket page.
The pocket was formed with a vintage hanky,
and further embellished with some other
bits and pieces.
The tag was created from a copy
of one of my old photos,
which I embellished with glitter,
crinkled seam binding and a key charm...
Peeking out from behind 
another pocket behind the tag 
is the folded up version of one of the
copied vintage papers appearing above...


...and gives someone a lot of room to journal on the back of...


This is the top of the tag.
I've also been enjoying using the embroidery
stitches on my Singer, which I bought a year or so
back and haven't had much time to use.
I love this pretty tulip stitch... 


It's really been fun creating just for the fun of creating
rather than making stuff to try to get into
my Etsy shop, or something for an entry into a magazine.
Not sure where this will take me,
but I guess we'll see!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, dear Sue, I love the child, and your blu color tones. The copies of old papers, suits so wonderfully ,and lovely idea with the pockets -I also do not dare to use the original very often- and also here they are expensive.
    Hugs Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorthe. I'm kind of partial to the blue myself. As always, thank you for your sweet comments. Have a great weekend! XO

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue, I'm just browsing your lovely blog, wondering how you are doing. Procrastinating when I should be doing some arty stuff!! I can't work out where to start... I do love your vintage documents. What treasures! Love and hugs,
    Jesse XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!