Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The pets we love...




Good morning friends! I hope that you are all well. This week I'm thinking about pets, and the joy they bring to all of us that have them. I,m also thinking about how much we worry about them when they are not up to par.

Do you ever have a week that just goes badly? Among other things in the past week, and in addition to the drama around dead car batteries and my toothache that comes and goes, we also had to take our little lady, Rosie, to the Vet for oral surgery the other day. (I thought about asking the Vet if we could get a cut rate if I let her deal with my tooth as well, but their cages are not big enough for me to be held in.) She is doing OK, but now our little guy, Ollie, is kind of lethargic. He had also spent some time at the Vet this week having had his annual exam, so I am hoping that his quiet mood is only because of that. These cats do not like being taken out of their home environment, kind of like me (sometimes, anyway).

Rosie...


Ollie...


Of course, the fun part about the dead car battery was that on the way home from taking Rosie in for the surgery, we stopped in at the grocery store to pick up a few things, and when we got out, the battery was dead. We ended up having Bob's sister and brother-in-law come and jump-start the car, and then made lemonade out of lemons by all going back to our house and immediately devouring half of the cinnamon-apple pie that I had just bought. And, I guess that looking on the bright side of things, the battery could have died next month while we were using that vehicle as our tow car behind the motor home on our trip to Florida. Needless to say, we are now the proud owners of a new battery in that car!

Well, that being said, I hope this post finds you and your pets happy and healthy, and having a great week so far!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you would "consider" (lol!) letting the vet deal with your toothache!! hee!!! And I'm pleased that Rosie is better for her visit to the vet. I hope Ollie's lethargy is simply winter blues or having had that annual exam.

    And yes, when things go "wrong", being able to fix them up with the help of family or friends and then tucking into a good pie afterwards makes it a bit of an adventure. Your optimism matches mine...I'm always a half full glass type and to be able to go away knowing you have a new battery in the car will make your trip that much more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!