Monday, January 21, 2013

Well, I finally finished...

Hello friends! Well, I finally finished the invitations to my dad's party. I rushed this morning to address the envelopes thinking I would take them to the Post Office in case they needed extra postage, and OOPS! its a holiday, so I guess I will take them tomorrow. Sorry, but I had to hide the portions of the card that showed my dad's last name, our address and that of my daughter, which is where the party will be held. I managed to find some cards at Michael's made out of corrugated cardboard with matching envelopes. I kept them simple, only adding a picture (do you recognize it from my earlier post?) and some black and tan checked ribbon to the front. I also created a little label for the back of the card. The stippled and stamped tags will be used for the guests to write down memories of times spent with Dad. They will be presented to him at the party. The inside part was the hardest as playing with Word on the computer is not my idea of fun (had to do too much of it when I worked). Give me good old paper, scissors, and glue any day of the week!

Here is what the invitations look like...



Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. The invitations looks wonderful...you've worked hard on these..but it's more a labour of love isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a labor of love, and therefore not work at all.. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!