Monday, January 7, 2013

The post that was meant to be, and a preview of a nice magazine...

Good morning friends! I hope that all is well. This is the post that "was meant to be" from Saturday. I still can't upload pictures, but with a little help from my friend Annette, see her blog here, I was able to pull them from Picasa 3. I hope that I won't have to do this much longer. Thanks Annette!!

Here is what I tried to post on Saturday:

I sit hear listening to our neighbors' wood chipper humming, as they are cleaning out the "junk" trees and scrubby stuff in the wooded area next to our house. Hooray! We have a lot of nice trees in there, which will remain, but there is a lot of undergrowth that is just plain ugly. Maybe this summer we will be able to grow some nice hostas and ferns in that shaded area. Hmmmm.....

Yesterday we took my dad to see the movie "Lincoln" (great stuff, and extraordinary acting), but first killed some time at the mall so that I could hit Barnes and Noble for my monthly art and decorating mags. One of my New Year's resolutions was to cut back on the number of "inspiration" magazines that I buy, so I made a pact with myself that if I glanced through one before purchasing it, and I did not see at least three inspirational ideas, I would not buy it. Have you noticed that lately some of them seem to have nothing in them even worth looking at? Do you sometimes buy some magazines just because "you always have", and then regret that you wasted the money? Well, the Spring issue of Vintage Style definitely does NOT fall into this realm, so following is a glimpse of what you will find inside.

For all lovers of thrifty finds...


Both of my grandsons have their rooms decorated
in red, white and blue in a nautical theme,
so I loved this one, especially with the oars
on the beds...


A beautiful vignette...


I love anthying botanical and garden related,
both indoors...


and out...




I collect baby shoes, and love these
blue ones...


Don't you just want to run out and by this magazine? Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I agree...so many magazines now have "no content" but plenty of ads...and some just seem to repeat, repeat, repeat. I like your idea of finding 3 things in a magazine that make it worth purchasing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!