Monday, May 4, 2015

Pieces of Old: Beautiful Cutter Crazy Quilts

Hello to all!

If you follow this blog, you know that I collect cutter quilts. You likely know that because there are so many old quilts out there that are beyond repair or stained in certain spots, they are cut down so that they can be reused in some other creation.

Imagine my excitement when recently I saw this batch of pieces of crazy quilts. They came from five different quilts, and the sections that I have show no problems. I hope that you love the beautiful stitching on these as much as I do, and appreciate the time that it must have taken to make them.

This was the first one, 
done all in the same color scheme.
I wonder who the people were
whose names appear on the quilt.
The stitching is wonderful...



There were two very large pieces of this second one.
The embroidery stitches are stunning, large and fairly thick.
The colors are gorgeous and the fabrics beautiful, 
mostly silks and satins...







This next one was done with more modern fabrics
and smaller embroidery stitches.
It is very bright and less subdued
than most vintage crazy quilts that I normally see,
but still beautiful...




This was a small piece with lovely fabrics, 
and again, beautiful stitching...


This last one is another lovely piece,
not yet completed, 
and still showing its basting stitches in some areas,
but the best part...



...is that the creator's needle and thread was still in it!
I find myself wondering what happened to this lady 
before she finished it...


Oh, the stories that these pieces could tell.
If only they could speak. 
Quite honestly,
I will have to give some careful thought
as to what I will do with them,
and how their creators' goals
can best be served.

*********************************
Many thanks for coming by!


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find. I bet you'll have fun with these. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly try, though it will be hard to improve on something that is already perfect!

      Delete
  2. What lovely finds, Sue. I'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas to use those crazy quilts. Have fun!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! Hope that life is treating you good! Hugs back!

      Delete
  3. The quilt finds are little treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Pallas! I hope that you're having a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!