Friday, December 21, 2012

Random acts of kindness and another place of interest...

Good morning friends! We are still trying to finish with the holiday preparations and our shopping, so I wanted to share this little story with you. I guess that by now everyone has heard about the false prediction that the world was to end today. I think we have heard that tune before. Of course, who needs "predictions" when there are always some oddballs waiting in the ranks to try to finish us off before predictions come true anyway? In any case, yesterday I did some Christmas shopping for my husband while he and Dad went to lunch. When I got back, my husband went out and did some of his shopping. So, he returned and told me about his experience waiting on line at Walgreen's. It seems there was this elderly lady ahead of him accompanied by her granddaughter. She got to the register to pay for her $12 worth of Christmas wrapping paper and such, and discovered that she could not find her wallet in her purse. He said she started to panic, so my husband handed her $12 and told her to pay for the items. She was totally surprised and asked him why he did that. He told her that "just in case the world ends tomorrow, I want to do one more good deed". She thanked him, gave him a big hug, and went on her way. He told me later that he also did it to save all the people on line behind him from having to wait while she tied them up hunting for her wallet. I guess that if you admire "random acts of kindness", I am indeed married to Mr. Kind. Well...his name is actually Bob, but don't tell him I told you! By the way, Bob is kind to everyone, all of the time.

You all know about my favorite local antique shopping haunt, Vintage Village. Well, before I moved up here, I lived in Bradenton, FL, and frequented a wonderful shop called Retro Rosie's/Cobweb's. It actually started out as two different shops by those two names, and then they merged into one double storefront. Rosie's specializes in vintage clothing, with a claim to fame in the vintage wedding area. Cobweb's specializes in home decor items and just about everything else! Whenever I go to Florida, a visit to this shop is on my hit list, so here are a few pictures...




Above: Chris owns Rosie's, and Nancy owns Cobwebs










If you're down that way, do drop in, as you will not be disappointed. (And you will likely get a good deal on anything you buy!) We ended up buying three old picture frames, with a plan to paint them white and hang them by the staircase, and a copy of a wonderful old beach picture, which I will share with you on a future post.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me. Be kind to one another, and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!