Saturday, December 29, 2012

Inspiration, Part 2...

Good morning friends. I hope that your weekend is getting off to a good start!

Continuing with yesterday's quest for inspiration, following are some pictures of unfinished fabric collage that has been basted together and is waiting for the final hand-sewing. (Again, click on the pics if you want to see better detail; the photos are not the greatest.) Sometimes I am in the mood to play with colors and then I piece together a few at a time, especially if I am going to do a series of pieces based on a particular theme.

These will still need the batting
sewn to the back before I stitch
them. Most of these are using pictures
printed onto ink jet photo fabric, but the
fourth, sixth, eighth and ninth were
photo transfers using the transparency
and acrylic matte gel medium method.










To this last one I have pinned the
batting, and I am still trying to 
decide what else I want to add to
the final piece. Shown are some of
   the doo-dads that I am considering.  


After the hand-sewing, they will be backed with muslin and all will be finished. OK, so maybe....

Well, the rain is pouring down here right now, so I think I'll take advantage of the indoor time and gather some more items together. On my next post I will show you some of these in their finished state.

Thanks for visiting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!