Monday, December 31, 2012

One of my sweet Christmas gifts, and a recipe to share...


Good morning friends! I hope that you're getting ready for the big New Year's Eve festivities, whether they be quiet or noisy! We are having dinner over here with Bob's sister and brother-in-law, and my dad will cook Veal Marsala and pasta. No one makes Marsala as good as he does! Even if he is almost 90.

Here are a few things that I wanted to share with you. The first is a group of pictures of a Christmas gift that I received from my son and daughter-in-law, Chris and Kristin. They went to Chris' best friend's destination wedding in November, which was held on one of the islands off the coast of Georgia. While there, Kristin and her mom went shopping, and she bought this frame for me. Does she know of my love of peeling paint and architectural salvage, or what!? Of course, the baby in the frame is my sweet new grandson, Jason, dressed in the sailor suit that I brought to their baby shower last March. Have I mentioned that I have a "thing" for sailor suits. Both of my children have had to bear the burden of being dressed in one at least once in their little lives, and I am continuing the tradition with my grandchildren. Jason's room was done in a nautical theme, so it came together really nicely in the picture.

Doesn't this frame make you want to create some of your own?





And even if I had lived during Victorian times, my kids still would have been wearing sailor suits...



And, a recipe to share. My husband is a diabetic and cannot eat sugar (and I don't need it!), so a few years ago I found this recipe during a search of no-cook cranberry relish using little or no sugar. It is a very easy, and can be made in your food processor. The best part is that you can make it two days ahead and store it in your fridge. It is actually from the website: NoMoreCrohns.com, to whom I will give credit. Here is a scan of the recipe. I hope you can read it. It is the one on the left, Cranberry Apple Relish. I have not tried the other one. I also double the recipe, and make mine with pecans.




Well, have a great New Year's Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!