Thursday, May 30, 2013

All things grow with love...

Greetings from The Perch. Or, I guess I should say "Greetings from The Deck". No, I'm not changing the name of my blog.

It was late in the afternoon the other day when I went out back to pick some fresh herbs for the Sausage and Peppers that I was making, and as I stepped onto the neck I couldn't help but notice all of the hydrangeas that were budded out and almost ready to bloom. A few were growing through the deck rails, so I ran back in to grab my camera and snap some pictures of the scene around the deck.

The hydrangeas. I love this lime green color
right before they are in full bloom...



Below are "Pretty Much Picasso" Supertunias.
They are in the window boxes on the deck rails,
and I have them mixed in with lime green
sweet potato vines.
They are in black window boxes,
because the table and chairs are
black wrought iron.


This is a piece of antique statuary.
He sits under the Fragrant Tea Rose bush
at the base of the deck by the steps...


By the way, I did remember to pick the herbs, and will share my recipe for Baked Sausage and Peppers with you in a future post! Have a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. Perch, deck...you could be on your perch on the deck -- so it still works!! hee!! Love how the garden is sprouting and I know what you mean about loving the colour of hydrangea before they bloom fully. Your antique statue is charming....there's something wonderful about statuary in a garden. I plan to get more for my garden this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the statuary too, especially the old ones that show some patina. They are so heavy and solid compared to the new ones. And sometimes you luck out and find them for cheap prices, especially if they have some chips.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!