Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Instead of the porch swing...

Hello!

The other day Mr. Perch and I went out shopping to purchase a porch swing. Ever since we visited the historic homes in the area with their big porches and swings, we decided that it would be nice to have one on our porch (even though our porch is not exactly as large as those that you see on old homes).

So, we set out early, visited several stores and came home with no swing. But we did come home with a chandelier. Where did that come from? We didn't know that we were even in the market for one. Well, maybe I was, just a little.

We decided that the crystal chandelier in the dining area had to go. I had actually bought it about eight years back in my single days when I had that shabby chic thing going on. I loved the look in my old townhouse in Florida. Somehow it looked a little fancy for our style now, especially since we do not have a formal dining room.

So, today we went from this...


...to this.
A simple, clean look, and mostly,
SO MUCH EASIER TO KEEP IT DUSTED!!


Yesterday, we were still thinking about the porch swing. I checked out some on the internet, and found a really nice one in, of all places, WalMart. It will be shipped to us shortly. More on that in a future post!

So, since the swing will be in the spot on the side of the porch where the rockers used to be placed in the summer, we will put those rockers on the little porch of the garden shed. Which made us have to get rid of the old rockers that were on that porch (do you ever feel that things seem to sometimes mushroom out of countrol?). So...

Mr. Perch lugged them down to the road,
stating that they would be gone shortly...


...I put "free" signs on them...


...and of course, shortly thereafter I heard a car door slam,
looked out the window, and they were GONE!!

A few minutes later the phone rang. It was my neighbor across the street (who I walk with each morning) thanking me for the great old chairs which she is going to paint and put on her back porch. I never thought of asking her if she wanted them since she already has the porch quite furnished, but she said that she never has enough seating when she has a lot of company. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure!

I hope you're having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new chandelier...and I love how your neighbour scooped up the rockers...and that she called you to say "thanks"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlfriend! I hope you had a great time in England! I have been trying to comment on your blog but it won't let me sign in as myself or under blogger since you changed to Wordpress...did you get my email about this? Hope all is well! X0

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!