Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The death of a friend...




This week I was saddened to learn from my daughter of the passing of an old friend.
We lived in the same apartment building years ago.
I hadn't seen him since before I left Florida.
As with many friendships, people move on, they move away, and life changes.
Our children still keep in touch, and my daughter will be at his funeral this week.
I'm glad for that.

Two weeks ago I saw this beautiful butterfly on my Tiger Lily.
I ran inside to grab my camera.
 I barely snapped this one picture before the butterfly flew away.
I guess it doesn't matter that I only managed to get part of the butterfly in the picture.
After all, sometimes life is fleeting in itself.

I hope that Dale sees a lot of butterflies and beautiful flowers in his new life.


4 comments:

  1. What a great post Mom! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue. And that's exactly what I was thinking about your gorgeous butterfly shot -- you captured a fleeting moment. You captured life. Sympathies and thoughts to you on the passing of your friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Sherry. I hope you are having a great day! XO Sue

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!