Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Thoreauly Antiques" in Concord, MA...

Good morning to all! I hope that you're having a great week!

As promised, I wanted to share with you some of the sweet little finds from the other place that I love to visit when we go to Concord, MA, namely, Thoreauly (a play on names for Henry David Thoreau) Antiques. It is a great shop composed of various vendors, many of which cater to the mixed media artist.

A sweet little book...


...with bible verses...


...and beautiful illustrations...


Some illustrations from an old children's book...


...with the added bonus of more pretty pictures on the
reverse of the pages...


Some beautiful old button cards...


Another flapper photo, this one with a horse.
This was a reproduction, but I couldn't
resist buying it anyway...


This cute little girl in black.
I have a Halloween vision for this
little darling...


And the sweetest old ballet shoes.
Lately I have been collecting old ballerina photos,
so I couldn't resist these...


One of these years maybe I'll even get to use these lovelies in some art!

I hope that you're having a creative day. Thanks for visiting me.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Sue
    What a lovely collection of ephemera, photos and oh those ballet shoes are so precious! You are just so lucky to come across these gorgeous finds and you really do have a fantastic collection in your studio!
    Thanks for your kind words over our losing Bessie - I guess we all have our precious pets that we hate to lose even when due to old age!
    Better luck next time hopefully for the Giveaway!
    All the best,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy. I win a giveaway every time I just read one of your posts! All the best to you too!

      Delete
  2. It always makes me smile when a shop uses a name with a play on words, especially when it has historic meaning! Love your finds, especially those sweet little ballet slippers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the play on words. I wish I could be that clever! As to the ballet slippers, I never even danced so I'm not sure why the attraction to these lately!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful finds,dear Sue.Love the book.That shop is also one of my favorite ones:)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days we will have to go shopping together! You have a wonderful weekend yourself! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!