Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nesting: A great store to visit in Concord, MA...

Good morning! I'm still trying to play the "after vacation and back to reality" game, but thought I'd share a little bit of my visit to Nesting while we were up in Massachusetts last week. Last year I posted about this great little shop, and you can see that here.

This year I only took a couple of pictures, and those were of an item to die for. Unfortunately, it was way out of my price range. Of course I thought it was worth every penny, but Hubby, who was waiting outside on a bench, would not have shared my enthusiasm.

This is the stuff that old signs are made of!
It was an old "tourists" sign,
very large, and with the letters on both sides...


You can see it better in the photo below.
It had been rescued from a fire.
Imagine the stories that this sign could tell...


Instead, I came home with this beautiful vintage
christening dress...


...with this gorgeous inset lace...


...to pair with the one below,
which I purchased a few weeks ago 
on eBay...


I loved this one because of the lace yoke.
But then again, I love any kind of old
christening dress...


I also bought this book.
I have seen it mentioned on other blogs,
and had been on the hunt for it.
A gorgeous and inspiring read...


The pictures will do the talking...



I love how the writers placed scripted vellum
pages over beautiful photos...




I hope that you're finding some treasures, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!