Saturday, February 18, 2017

Kids on Potties and a Romantic Couple: More Greeting Cards

Good morning. I was about to start tidying up my studio and get ready to do some fabric collage, but decided to make a couple more cards for my shop instead, since the papers were scattered all over already!

I saw the little photo that I used in the card below on Etsy.
I can't help but wonder where these kids all were
when this photo was taken.
I thought it was so cute, and so very different from any
other photo in my collection.
I think the reason is obvious.
So it wanted me to think "outside the box" and come
up with the idea of using it for a general card that
might be used where teamwork is being celebrated.
I also thought it would add a light touch to a perhaps a
family working together during an otherwise sad time...


I love these papers from DaisyD's, which I bought quite a while
ago.
I also used red and turquoise as a color scheme that is also
outside of my comfort level,
but seemed so right for this little photo...


The little circles at the bottom are punch outs and were part
of the paper series.
I attached them with pop dots for a some dimension,
along with some coordinating ribbon and rick rack...


Also part of the paper design was a sheet of punch out tags,
so I used one on the inside tied with some narrow ribbons.
I liked that there was a spot on the bottom to add the date...


Getting back to my norm,
I created this card which could have been used as a
Valentine's Day card (I'm a little late. I know.),
but would be nice for an anniversary, engagement card,
or just to tell someone you love him...



This gorgeous image is another from Ireland Rose Studios
on Etsy.
It looks so pretty with sheet music, velvet trim and vintage lace...


...and a few paper flowers to match the paper and the belt on this
lady's dress...


I stamped the inside with some beautiful words.
I've had this stamp for a while and don't remember ever using it...



I hope you enjoyed seeing these.
They will be in my Etsy shop shortly.
Thanks for coming by today!

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are stunning, dear Sue.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, thank you, I saw your message,- :-) Love your cards, and the first one, is absolutely wonderful, love all the little babies, sitting together, LOL- and the colors are so beautiful, together. The Valentines card is wonderful, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!