Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fabric Collage: "The Christmas Present"

Happy New Year to all! I hope that this year brings you everything you hope for and more! Ours was quiet, and that's just fine with me!

I was putting away a few of our Christmas gifts and it inspired me to use one of my vintage images in a fabric collage. I was was looking at this old photo and wondering if long ago these children had received this hobby horse for Christmas. I think that it is a beautiful old photo, and decided to use it along with some scraps that I had sitting on my work table.

Some ticking and burlap,
along with old lace and buttons...



...surround the beautiful old photo...


I'm sorry that there is no consistency to the color in these photos, but we are leaving tomorrow to return my dad to Florida, and I don't have time to pretty them up. I will be out of commission for a bit since we are also visiting friends while we are down there.

I hope that you have a great day and a great week! Thanks for stopping by.

 

8 comments:

  1. This is just precious! I love the photo! Hope you have a Happy New Year and may 2014 bring many blessings to us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too! I hope that all is well up on your end! XO

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue
    This really is such a very pretty collage - everything chosen suits the
    beautiful vintage photo - it's special!
    Have a great trip returning your Dad, stay safe and wishing you
    a wonderful New Year in every way!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Suzy! We arrived in Florida yesterday. Warm weather will be nice for a few days until we return home! I wish you the same regards. Hugs, Sue

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year,dear Sue. Hafe a save trip.Your collage is beautiful.TFS.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty fabric collage! Hope you're having a good time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! We're back now, and very happy to be home.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!