Monday, January 5, 2015

Vintage Village, Part I...

Good morning, dear friends. I hope that you had a great weekend!

For Christmas dear Hubby gave me gift certificates to one of my favorite local antique shops, SuzAnna's, which is located in a cluster of small antique shops called Vintage Village in Raleigh, NC. (You may recall that I bought various items there while we were decorating Birdsong Cottage.)

Yesterday was one of those rare January days where the temperature hit 70 degrees, so while Mr. Perch was busy puttering with some things at the house, I decided to take off and see what damage I could do with my gift certificates. Needless to say, it wasn't a problem at all! I did browse around The Village before I went into Suzanna's, and decided to snap some photos of various vignettes.

 Two Old Birds,
the shop that sells Annie Sloan Paint...



While there, I bought the smaller pitcher
seen on the right in the photo below.
It is Royal International China,
with the most beautiful green
Lily of the Valley design.
I bought it for my friend, 
whose birthday is next month.
She is Irish, hence the green,
and wants to start a collection of
white pitchers...



I loved the way this old green bike looked 
next to the chippy pink bucket...


There was some cool old junk in 
this grouping...


And I thought these old bottles with the rusty
tops in their wire basket were fun.
But the price wasn't...


This was some stuff from SuzAnna's.
Jenny, the owner's daughter, 
does a lot of cool signage...




So the common thread running through these vignettes
seems to be green
Except for a little in our downstairs guest room,
and a little in my studio,
I have no green inside my house.
Interesting!

So the question you are probably asking is:
What did she buy with the gift certificates?
Stay tuned on that one!!

Have you stumbled upon any good finds lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!