Monday, November 16, 2015

An Old Cutter Quilt Piece: Bluebirds

Good morning my friends.

Recently I purchased a lovely piece of an old cutter quilt, which I plan on making into a fabric collage piece for The Wren's Nest. Since we have closed up our little place for the winter, that will hopefully give me a lot of time to work on it before we go back up in the spring. Famous last words from a world class procrastinator, I daresay!

I thought you might like to see a few photos of this lovely piece of workmanship.

It came sweetly wrapped in tissue paper
with this lovely trim on it...


Here is the full piece, 
which measures roughly 14 by 14 inches...


The entire cream background was done by hand,
with the tiniest of stitches, 
and the birds, vase and flower
were hand appliqued...


Here are a couple of detail shots...



I hope that I can do justice to the beautiful work 
done by the lady (maybe man!) 
who created this lovely piece.

I purchased this from eBay,
and the seller is Vintage Blessings.
You can find her here.
She not only sells cutter quilts,
but many other linens,
including beautiful whole vintage quilts
that you could purchase for your beds.
And the best part is that they are always
clean and sweet-smelling when you receive them!

*************************************

I hope that you have a beautiful and creative day.
Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word Sue! It's beautiful! So happy for you to have something like this to keep you busy this winter! Enjoy~ Hope all is well, Karen O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!