Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Live each Season" Fabric Collage

Hello! I hope that you're having a great weekend.

Today my hubby had an all-day class about something fun for him, so I decided that I would do a few chores this morning, and then spend a little time having some fun myself. Up to the studio I headed!

My studio also acts as a guest room if we
have a lot of company.
At the foot of this bed...


...is an old steamer trunk,
on which there sits these two boxes...


One box stores zip lock baggies that contain vintage photos
grouped in themes so that I can grab them quickly when I
have a particular project in mind...


...and the other box stores vintage lace, which I need to remove
from these little baggies that they came in and make them
easier to work with...


I have been longing to create some beach-themed art,
so this is one that I worked on today.
I love these ladies looking out to the sea with
their backs to the camera.
I wonder where they actually were
when this photo was taken, likely back
in the twenties ...


A shell found on the beach when we were at the shore
a few weeks ago,
along with lots of old lace, some bling, and
a piece of old brown velvet ribbon...


...and with a small piece of driftwood
purchased in a shop on our trip...


This time I opted for machine sewing and only the rhinestone button was sewn on by hand. The driftwood and shell were glued. An easy way to go!

Have a great evening.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful,dear Sue.Love the color cobinations.Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful project...very beachy indeed! And I love that old door on the wall in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband loves the door too. I have asked him to move it at least three times now. He winces every time I mention that thing! XO Sue

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!