Friday, June 7, 2013

Wicker painting complete...Is this Halloween?

Good morning to all!

I'm happy to say that the wicker is finished. Or, at least as finished as it is going to get for now. Yesterday I gave each piece a second coat, and held the paint can very close to try to get into all the crevices. However, after we put it in the garage to dry overnight, we noticed that there are still a few streaky spots.  It's kind of hard to tell whether there are streaks, or just reflection of light on the semi-gloss paint. I had hoped to finish cleaning up the porch and decorating it today, but heavy rains that started last night, and predicted to last through the weekend, will likely keep me from doing that.

Here are the finished goods.
That's part of our perennial garden
that you see in the back.
It is just starting to bloom!



During my spurt of ambition yesterday, I decided to also
spray the little white wicker table that usually sits between
our rocking chairs. I used the same kind of paint, but in the
beige color that we initially thought we would use to paint
the other pieces. Even the forest floor got a face lift!


And on the same post, how about some orange
lilies to go with the black wicker.
Halloween, or not...


I hope that you're having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. The wicker turned out -- it looks gorgeous!! And with any kind of spray painting there are always bits that aren't as covered as you'd like -- but I think that adds to the charm!! I'm also laughing at the paint on the forest floor -- that's also inevitable!! Enjoy the weekend...hope the rain stops so you can get to what you want to do! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry. I hope you enjoy your weekend as well! XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!