Sunday, June 23, 2013

The mountains of western North Carolina

Hello friends. We are up here in the mountains. Our campground is a way's up from the little town of Saluda, which is in western NC, just a few miles from the SC border, and our Internet connectivity is sketchy as best, so I will make this quick as we never know when we're going to lose connection.

Where we are staying...




Flowers growing along the road in downtown Saluda...


Some shots of an area maintained by the
local garden club...



I started coming up here years ago with my friend Mary. She and her hubby own a cabin not far from here, and once a year, when I still lived in Florida, we would have a "girls' art week in the mountains". We always went to a great mixed media art store called Random Arts, and this is how I became familiar with Saluda, which is a tiny little mountain town with some sweet shops.

Some photos of Random Arts,
which is located in an old house...


The front porch...



I love the front door...


And, most importantly, Jane,
the owner...


I will share more photos of the inside the next time I am able to post. I hope you have a great evening!


2 comments:

  1. It all sounds and looks wonderful Sue!! I've heard of Random Arts and the place looks fabulous!! Enjoy your vacation! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry. Sorry for this late reply, but I'm just getting caught up with things now. Random Arts is indeed great!! Hope you're well. XO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!