Sunday, June 16, 2013

"The story of my father"

"The story of my father,
Is the one I tell and give.
It's the power and the glory,
Of the life I make and live."
                                    --ABBEY LINCOLN

A vintage photo to share with you...


Happy Father's Day! Not only to fathers, but to those who take the place of them. Father figures who are special and caring and loving. My own father fits all of these descriptions, and then some. He is 90 years old and a special, caring and loving member of our family. Even though he lives in Florida, and we live in North Carolina, not a day goes by that I don't think about him and offer thanks for the fact that he is healthy and still enjoying life to the fullest.

My dad, as a child, with his sister.
My aunt is no longer with us.
I guess he liked bird houses as much as I do!...


My dad is the oldest member of the family,
shown here with the youngest,
my grandson, Jason...


Thanks for stopping by on this special day!


2 comments:

  1. Wishing you dad a wonderful Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!