Sunday, June 30, 2013

Strolling about in Hendersonville, NC

Greetings from The Perch! One of our days last week was spent in Hendersonville, which is only a few miles from Saluda. It is a bigger town than Saluda, with several great shops and places to eat. As a matter of fact, before I met my husband I was exploring trying to find a job up there and moving then from Florida. When I later took my job transfer to NC, I thought that Hendersonville would be where I would ultimately retire, but did not end up doing that. Here are some of the photos that I took the day we went there.

A couple of the storefronts...



Street-side dining...


Flowers growing everywhere...


...even hanging from posts...



I couldn't resist snapping a couple of this little
guy...


...he was so sleepy you'd think that he was the one
pulling the carriage!!


And no, you are not actually visiting a travel blog! As always, thanks for putting up with me!

In a forthcoming post I will tell you about a few things that we bought, not to mention one large item that would not fit in the motor home, so we had to leave it behind. And no, it is not the above horse and carriage! (HINT: It has to do with how much we like this area.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!