Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Slow Cooker Beef Stew: A Recipe Tried and True!

Greeting from Miss Phoebe's kitchen!

As you know, I am always on the hunt for good recipes! The following recipe for Beef Stew with Mushrooms, Rosemary and Tomatoes is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. It is actually more like a Beef Burgunday than a basic beef stew. Thanks, Family Circle!! I made it on Saturday, doing only until step 4 (mushrooms). Then on Sunday, right before our company arrived, I re-heated the stew on the stove and did the mushroom part. Nice!!

I usually reserve making soups and stews for the colder weather, but it was supposed to rain on Sunday. Beef chuck roast was on sale this weekend, so here we are! By the way, it never did rain, so we enjoyed it out on the back deck. Some noodles on the side, red wine, a Caesar Salad, and there you have it! Not to mention the fresh Rosemary (which grows all year round here) from the herb garden.



Give it a try. I think you'll like it!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good -- copying to keep for my winter months -- my husband and I love a good stew!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!