Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our front porch in Summer...

Good morning! I have a few minutes to do a post, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello.

After hearing me ramble on about the painting of the wicker, I thought that you would like to see a few pictures of what the porch now looks like. Oh, I don't think that I told you that I also painted the old chippy white chair that we used by our entrance.

Old chair now black...


One of our four window boxes.
(Pardon the peeling paint on the railing.
We were going to paint the porch this spring,
but it seems like we went from freezing cold
 to boiling hot in a matter of days. A nice fall
project awaits!)


At last the swing is up.
I'm not sure the throw pillow will stay
here...too busy, I think...



The painted wicker.
When it was beige we bought patterned
cushions for some pop and to tie in with
the shutters. Next year I would like to
paint the shutters black, and get more
neutral cushions, but time will tell...


The other day I also painted this plant stand,
shown below in it's rusty state...



I had a little beige paint left in the can from
when I did the little round wicker table
(now on the porch of the garden shed)
so I gave this piece a few squirts,
leaving just a small amount of rust
visible. After all, we do pay extra for rust,
don't we?...


I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I LOVE your porch!! It looks amazing! I've got an old white rocker that I did from an ugly green it had been when my in-laws had it -- but now I want to paint it black having seen your chair! And girlfriend, you've got good taste...that cushion on the swing? I've got the same one!!! :) And yes, I bought it on my trip to the US (south, somewhere, Hobby Lobby I think) some time last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You did get the pillow at Hobby Lobby because that was where I got mine. Great minds think alike. Ha! I'm glad you like the black. Even my husband said he liked it, with it being a hard sell at first. Have a great day! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post!